Engineering Apprentice Chicago, IL 1/2012 – present
• Develop practical front and back-end web development skills, including OOP, TDD, model-view-controller frameworks, and database design. One-on-one with Andrew Vaughan and Ashish Dixit.
• Write code for real-world projects including the GrouponWorks international blog template and Zendesk tools used by the Customer Service Voice Team.
Voice Team Representative Chicago, IL 4/2012 – present
• Write, organize, and maintain 800+ Customer Service (CS) email responses.
• Establish and maintain the Groupon CS voice, tone, and style standards.
• Send large-scale mass emails to customers regarding deal changes and closures.
• Build and manage reporting tools and forms for CS using Google spreadsheets and excel.
• Proposed and implemented an overhaul of the CS internal wiki that increased access and adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
Customer Service Representative Chicago, IL 8/2010 – 4/2012
• Exceeded performance and quality expectations by always providing efficient support to customers.
• Coached temporary employees, and assisted on Rewards and Stores special teams.
FREELANCE: SOUTH KOREA & U.S.A. 2010-present
Web Developer and Designer
ENGLISH PROGRAM IN KOREA: SAMCHEOK-SI, SOUTH KOREA 2008-2010
Native English Teacher
* Design and prepare coursework for elementary English students
* Promote and engage in cultural exchange and development
ASPEN MUSIC FESTIVAL: ASPEN, CO 2008
Edgar Stanton Recording Institute Intern
* Design and engineer recording setups for daily concerts
* Mix and edit performance recordings for distribution and archives
APPLE INC.: ROSEVILLE, MN 2007-2008
* Develop complete computing and digital media solutions and educate Apple customers
* Promote long-term customer relationships and maintain store asthetics on Visuals Team
MINNESOTA PUBLIC RADIO (APM): SAINT PAUL, MN 2007-2008
Performance Today Intern (American Public Media)
* Screen incoming and programmed performances for recording or musical issues
* Manager and Engineer for all-intern produced two-hour show (National Air: 12/26/07)
* Assist with show tapings, scripts, PT website, in-studio sessions, and on-air operation
INDIANA UNIVERSITY RECORDING ARTS: BLOOMINGTON, IN 2007
Production Assistant (Musical Arts Center – IU Jacobs School of Music)
* Supervised recordings, metadata entry, and production in the Musical Arts Center
* Facilitated backups of audio and video data to Xserve & mass data storage system
RECORDING SERVICES: BLOOMINGTON, IN 2007
Audio Recording Engineer & Editor
* Recorded Indiana University JSOM events and USA International Harp Competition
SYNTHETIC WORLDS INITIATIVE: BLOOMINGTON, IN 2007
Audio Recording Engineer – Arden: The World of William Shakespeare
* Engineered, recorded, and implemented adaptive game play sound
INDIANA UNIVERSITY UITS: BLOOMINGTON, IN 2005-2007
Student Technology Center Consultant: University Information & Technology Services
* Assisted patrons by troubleshooting technology in IU computer labs and libraries
PRODUCERS INC.: EVANSVILLE, IN 2004
* Created broadcast, web, and print media for businesses and events (Media 100, Cubase)
Back-End Development: PHP, Ruby, Java (basic), WordPress, Zend Framework, MySQL, Git
Concepts: Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile Development
Software: TextMate, Unix, Pivotal Tracker, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Pro Tools, Cubase, Wavelab, Waves Plugins, MS Office, Adobe CS
Hardware: PC, Apple, Digidesign: Pro Control, mBox2, Sony: DMX R-100, Ramsa: WRS-4412, T.C. Electronics: S6000, Lexicon: M480L
Miscellaneous: XHTML, CSS, Unix (basic), SFTP/SSH, Electronics, Equipment Repair
Classical:Joshua Bell w/IU Festival Orchestra (aired on PT) | Weiss-Kaplan-Newman Trio | Chanticleer | Beaux Arts Trio | Penderecki Quartet | Our Town World Premiere | 10 IU Orchestras | Jason Vieaux (assistant) | Turtle Island Quartet (assistant)
Non-Classical:IU Big Band Jazz Summer Festival | 6 IU Jazz Combo Concerts/ 3 Sessions | Multi-track Studio Sessions – Twelve & Two, Ryan Helling, Robbie Gold
Non-Classical:Guest Soloist – First Christian Church (Kokomo, IN) | Section Leader – First Christian Church (Bloomington, IN) | Manager/Lead Vocals – Under the Covers
Classical:IU Opera Theatre – 8 Productions: 2 Roles: H.M.S. Pinafore – ‘Boatswain’, Britten’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream – ‘Starveling’ | Columbus, Indiana Philharmonic Oratorio Chorus | IU JSOM – 2 Solo Recitals, Choral Concerts
BS: Recording ArtsIndiana University JSOM2004 – 2008
BM: Voice PerformanceIndiana University JSOM2003 – 2007